High-Quality Workmanship from a Locally-Owned Company
A leaky roof can cause severe damage to your home or business. Water causes mold and mildew and can weaken a foundation, so it is essential to repair the issue immediately. Paul Bange Roofing offers high-quality fixes to roof leaks in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We own our equipment and have a passion for helping customers achieve peace of mind. Over three decades, we have brought our brand of customer service to the region. Roof leaks are pretty common in our area, so we are more than capable of locating the source and implementing a solution.
Understanding the Causes of Roof Leaks
Many things can cause a roof leak, and most are unavoidable. But understanding how they occur will help you notice issues and know when to contact our experts. Whether you own a home or a business, these five things usually cause roof leaks:
- Foot Traffic: It is okay to walk on a roof, but heavy foot traffic is not a good idea. It can be especially problematic for membrane-based roofs without walk pads.
- Vulnerable Seams: Your roof has seams, and they are the weakest part of the roof. Many leaks occur in these areas.
- Neglect: We recommend regular roof maintenance and inspections. It’s the only way to guarantee no problems are sprouting.
- Heavy Equipment: Many commercial and industrial buildings have heavy HVAC equipment on their roofs. Sometimes the HVAC components can puncture and weaken the roof.
- Weather: We get our fair share of severe weather in Fort Lauderdale. Heavy rainfall and punishing winds will damage your roof and cause a leak.
The Importance of Roof Leak Repair
Roof leak repair is essential because it protects the rest of your home. If left unaddressed, a leak will cause widescale damage to multiple areas of your property. If you find a leak, get in touch with our team immediately. Doing so will save you a lot of money in repairs. The costs of ignoring a roof leak include:
- Higher Utility Bills: Believe it or not, a roof leak can skyrocket your energy costs because water erodes your insulation. As the insulation deteriorates, you’ll lose hot and cool air, resulting in changing energy costs. Protect your budget with timely repairs.
- Mold and Mildew: Once mold moves in, it won’t be easy to get rid of it. That’s why resolving a leaky roof is so important. Chronic water will allow mold to set up shop. One way to identify a roof leak is musty smells.
- Health Concerns: Mold isn’t just an aesthetic problem – it causes health issues. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, mold can cause nasal congestion, rhinitis, inflammations, and asthma attacks. If you own a business, this could mean increased sick days.
- Fire Hazards: Water and electricity don’t mix. Many homes and businesses have electrical wiring in the attic or ceiling, so it is imperative to immediately take care of a roof leak. Doing so will ensure the safety of everyone living or working on your property.
- Ceiling and Structural Damage: Water will harm your building’s ceilings and even the foundation. Structural damage can cost thousands of dollars to repair, so you will want to act quickly when you find a roof leak.
Why Choose Paul Bange Roofing for Roof Leak Repairs
South Florida agrees. Paul Bange Roofing is the region’s best roofing contractor. In addition to fixing roof leaks, we provide a wide range of additional roofing services to residential and commercial clients. No matter what you need from us, you can rely on our professional roofers to provide fast, affordable, and reliable customer service. More importantly, we can guarantee exceptional workmanship. Our many additional services include re-roofing, roof inspections, and installing various roofing systems – including metal roofing. If you have any problem with your residential or commercial roof, we encourage you to contact us today. We can help.